Every day our eyes catch the light of our memories – time spent with family, the journey to work, a special holiday, a beautiful sunset or a dark starlit night. Each image captured is a picture drawn in light – a photograph: only to be lost in our minds or forever forgotten. Nearly two hundred years ago a small group of amateur scientists achieved what had eluded mankind for centuries – the ability to capture a permanent record of an image seen by their own eyes – a moment in time frozen onto a surface. They had discovered Photography. They were the ‘Catchers of the Light’.

Monday, November 15, 2010

NGC 1491

NGC 1491 is an emission nebula found in the constellation of Perseus. This particular nebula has an 11th magnitude star in its center.This object is heavily composed of HII.The central star is "blowing" a bubble in the gas that immediately surrounds it(from www.noao.edu)
Instruments and exposure data
W.O FLT110 with dedicated TMB field flattener and FeatherTouch 3'' focuser
Filter Astrodon 5nm
SBIG ST10XME CFW9
Starizona MicroTouch autofocuser
EQ6
Hα:42*10min(bin1x1) total 7h
Kallithea Athens Hellas
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

PaulB said...

Your image of NGC1491 is superb.

I like the way you've captured the detail, and processed the image.

I will have ago myself with my Wm Optics 66SD

PaulB said...

I've just seen your image of NGC1491.

It really is excellent. And thought I would congratulate you.

I did not know about this object until. I saw a CCD image, posted on the UKAI imaging forum.

And thought-I would look further on the net, for some better image's.

I came across your image.

Well done.